Welcome to Pynes School Web Site
On behalf of the children, staff and governors may I welcome you and your family to Pynes.
We believe that the partnership between school and parents is an essential support for the child. A good home/school relationship encourages confidence and understanding in your child.
By working together we aim to help your child achieve the highest standards, enjoy the experience of school life to the full and move on well prepared for the future.
MISSION STATEMENT – PYNES INFANTS AND NURSERY SCHOOL
Pynes Infant and Nursery is a welcoming school which provides quality education for children aged between 3 and 7 years, living in the local community. At Pynes, we value excellence of achievement, a happy atmosphere and a close relationship with parents/carers and the local community. We believe that a stimulating environment together with a relevant curriculum challenges the children at all levels. A high priority is placed on basic learning skills, literacy and numeracy. Our school is a community in which the individual is valued and where children have the opportunity to achieve their full potential academically, physically, emotionally and socially.
The school’s aim is to provide high standards of teaching and learning through;
Developing close and secure relationships which promote:
- Teamwork between teachers and others involved in school life to have a shared vision/understanding of quality education
- Independence, confidence, responsibility and self discipline
- Progression and continuity
- A climate in which to develop and grow
- Self esteem, caring and co-operation
- Good relationships with parents/carers and the community
Engaging and challenging children by developing their skills of:
- Confidence and independence
- Commitment to a task
- Co-operation and initiative
- Tolerance, sharing and self discipline
- Problem solving
- Promoting an enthusiastic, realistic and valid pride in learning and achievement
- Offering models of quality and achievement through example and through the sensitive display of children’s work
- Offering recognition and encouragement that the environment matters and that the child’s achievement is valued
- Providing relevant accessible resources.
Providing the environment, the stimuli and the opportunity for our children to want to do well by:
- Developing a good learning ethic
- Securing a safe and happy environment
A curriculum which embraces the new curriculum of 2014 and is mindful of the needs and abilities of all children by providing:
- Relevant first hand experiences in learning
- The development of basic learning skills
- Active experience encouraging a range of practical skills and the use of previous experience
- Opportunity for spiritual development
- Opportunities for creative expression and the development of the imagination
- Skills and knowledge which are appropriate to their present needs and in preparation for the next phase of their school life
- Opportunities for self evaluation, reflection and the negotiation of learning targets
Child Protection – Duty of Care
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are advised to inform all parents and carers of our duty to report concerns that a child may have been neglected or abused to the relevant authorities. We may do so, in some circumstances, without your consent and/or without informing you.
Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
MASH is the central resource for the whole of Devon receiving all safeguarding and child protection enquiries. If you have any concerns about the welfare and safety of a child please contact them on 0345 1551071.
The information on this web site is a brief guide to what we offer. Please contact myself or any staff member to discuss the information or to arrange a visit.